Jamaican Sweet Potato Pudding
Jamaican Sweet potato pudding is easy and delicious! If you like the ingredients in the name, you'll love the dish.
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 cups Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavouring
- ½ lb. Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg (grated)
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 lb Sweet Potato (grated)
- 1½ oz. Butter
- Mix in flour, baking powder, potato, and raisins together.
- Now warm the coconut milk, and add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla flavouring, and grated nutmeg to it.
- Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until sugar is dissolved. Combine potato and coconut milk mixture, stir until smooth.
- Grease baking pan with butter, and pour into pan. Let the mixture sit for about 20 minutes. You need to Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for about an hour then remove the pudding.
- Stick a dining knife in to the middle of the pudding and pull the knife out fast.
- If the knife has any of the pudding mixture on it, put it back in the oven and let bake for another 40 minutes. Check the pudding again with the knife.
- If the pudding is not ready, bake for another 10 minutes, it will be ready then.
- Let the pudding cool for a few hours. You can serve it with breakfast, lunch, or as a snack.