If you're a vegetarian, but a lover of Pizza, this Italian inspired Jamaican dish will have you enjoying the best of both worlds.
- olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked callaloo & saltfish (see recipe) – Vegans can cook this without saltfish
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese(Vegetarian cheese)
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 1 cup seasoned tomato sauce
- 1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Place the pizza crust on a large non-stick cookie tray or pizza pan.
- Brush the crust evenly with olive oil.
- Spread tomato sauce over it with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle cheese and onions evenly over the sauce.
- Bake for 8 minutes (do not let the cheese fully melt)
- Remove and add the callaloo and saltfish (vegans minus the saltfish)
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting.