Also known as cut cake, is a Jamaican cuisine dessert made with chopped coconut meat, ginger and brown sugar.
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger
- 1 1/2 cup(s) dark sugar
- 2 cup(s) dry coconut, diced
- 4 cup(s) water
- Put water to boil, add diced coconut and boil for about 40 minutes.
- Add the sugar and ginger and continue boiling until the mixture becomes syrupy (about 30-35 minutes).
- Drop by tablespoons full on a green banana leaf or on a wet cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool until the drops have fully set.